Personal Injury Lawyer | Baltimore, MD


twitter logo-blue box facebook logo-blue

Se Habla Español

Free Consultation with an Attorney*

*subject to retaining attorneys

Consulta Gratis Con Un Abogado

*sujeto a retención un abogado


Immigration Attorneys

St. Laurent & Associates Immigration Attorney


Are you a victim of abuse at the hands of a citzen or LPR spouse or parent? The VAWA provisions in the INA allow certain spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens and certain spouses and children of permanent residents (Green Card holders) to file a petition for themselves, without the abuser's knowledge. This allows victims to seek both safety and independence from their abuser, who is not notified about the filing


Those Eligible to File


Spouse: You may file for yourself if you are, or were, the abused spouse of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. You may also file as an abused spouse if your child has been abused by your U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse. You may also include on your petition your unmarried children who are under 21 if they have not filed for themselves.


Parent: You may file if you are the parent of a U.S. citizen, and you have been abused by your U.S. citizen son or daughter.


Child: You may file for yourself if you are an abused child under 21, unmarried and have been abused by your U.S. citizen or permanent resident parent. Your children may also be included on your petition. You may also file for yourself as a child after age 21 but before age 25 if you can demonstrate that the abuse was the main reason for the delay in filing.


Call us at St. Laurent & Associates so that we may guide and represent you through this process.


Call Clayton St. Laurent today at 410-752-7094 to have us review your case and give you an honest and fair assessment.

20 Years

of Legal


Se Habla